1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a storage bag.
4. Dip each chicken strip in egg mixture and drop in storage bag. Then shake storage bag to thoroughly coat each strip. Then place strips on the baking sheet.
5. Once all strips are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway.
7. To prepare the apricot sauce, mix the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.