3-4 chicken breasts
One jar of salsa
2-3 T taco seasoning
Your favorite toppings
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 large onion, cut into slices
1-2 red peppers, cut into slices
1. Place chicken, salsa and taco seasoning in your crockpot. (I like to use Reynolds Slow Cooker liners to line the crockpot for a mess-free clean up!)
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours. When cooked through, shred in the crockpot.
3. Store 1/2 of chicken in a storage bag in the fridge for tacos.
4. For freezer burritos, cook quinoa and sauté onions and peppers.
5. Next fill each shell with a few scoops of quinoa, then shredded chicken, then onions and peppers and then shredded cheese. Fold in sides and roll up.
6. Wrap each burrito individually in press and seal and then put all burritos in a freezer bag and store in the freezer.
7. To serve burritos, defrost in microwave for 1-3 minutes, then cook for 45-60 seconds until heated through. Or bake them in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes until heated through. Serve with sour cream.