2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup flax seed
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 Tbs. dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup unsweetened dried coconut
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or almond slices
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 Tbs. flavorless oil, such as vegetable or canola, or coconut oil
1 Tb. water
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position, and heat oven to 275 degrees. Coat a 9-by-13-inch metal pan with cooking spray, then set aside.
2. Mix oats, wheat germ, brown sugar, flax-seed, salt
3. Bring syrup, oil, water, vanilla and cinnamon to a simmer in a saucepan over low heat.
4. Drizzle over oat mixture, and stir to combine. Pour mixture onto prepared pan.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Stir in dried fruit. Continue to bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes longer.
6. Let cool. Store in an air tight container.